Thu Sep 8 2022 at 12:00 am to Sep 12 2022 2:00 pm (EAT)
Walk around stunning Lake Elementaita with camels camping at scenic spots each evening, and stop for yoga at lakeside viewpoints. View the flamingos on the lake and the wildlife around its shores on foot - or riding on a camel. The private Soysambu Conservancy is known for plentiful wildlife, flamingo-filled lakes and panoramic vistas.
Bobong Camel’s staff team will care for the camels' pitch camp each evening and provide healthy and nutritious meals. A nutritionist will design the menus and oversee the meals, and one of the team will talk about local uses for the indigenous flora.
Expect scenic walks, lots of laughter and plenty of time for relaxation.
Thursday 8th September
- Arrive and meet at Soysambu Main Gate.
- Meet the camels and team.
- Offload personal luggage and leave vehicles at the gate. Luggage to be loaded onto the camels.
- Have a healthy lunch.
- Walk with the camels to the first camp: Kampi Swara overlooking the lake in the big bay. (approx 2 hours walking)-
- Yoga at the Lakeside.
- The team overseen by the nutritionist prepares dinner.
Friday 9th September
- Sunrise yoga overlooking the Lake.
- Pack personal belongings for loading onto the camels.
- Walk with the camels carrying the camp with a herbalist introducing and harvesting natural plant foods and showing medicinal plants.
- Set up camp at lakeside.
- Dinner with tips on healthy eating prepared by team or gentle evening yoga.
- Dinner in camp.
Saturday 10th September
- Walk with camels to Observation Hill
- Yoga while the team prepares breakfast.
- Bush breakfast.
- Continue walking or riding camels to Half Hill and climb it.
- Return to camp for a light lunch.
- Relax: bird watching, painting photography, reading, sleeping
- Yoga at 5.30 pm on the beach facing the moonrise. Finish at 6.45 as the full moon rises.
- Short moonlight camel walk to the salt pan for a bush dinner on the gleaming white salt flats.
Sunday 11th September
- Get up when ready and pack personal belongings for loading on the camels.
- Yoga at a scenic site on the way back and a break snack.
- Walk back to the cars. Farewells and depart.
Click on this link for booking.